is an acronym for "Automatisches WEtterKArten System" (=
automatic weather map system) and is, as the name suggests, a system which produces overview maps from the weather data provided by participating private weather stations.
||The data is made available to AWEKAS by the weather station operators who upload a small text or CSV file to their own website. AWEKAS then collects this data automatically, and processes it to provide up to date maps.
Presently, data from the following weather station software can be uploaded automatically:
- WSWIN (PC-Weatherstation) from Werner Krenn
- Weather Display
- Virtual Weather Station
- Weather Link
- WS2500 (Linux) by Rainer Krienke (www.krienke.org)
- FreeWX und FreeWX-Wi
- Webvind (ELJI
- WVIEW (Linux)
- Eusotec WLAN Miniatur Webserver
- weatherBoxx (Meteohub inside) (www.weatherBoxx.com)
- further software on request
- there is also the possibility of entering values
for setting up the transfer file and help in the set up
can be found in the forum.
You want to participate to the AWEKAS project, it is obviously entirely free. Please see the rules applied to accounts before your registration by clicking here