WEEWX : awekas template

• Hello,

I would like to improve my template, is there a
    specification somewhere of the "awekas 1.5" template? (this is what I
    found in wview templates I used).
    I found a specification here:
    http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/AWEKAS

can you confirm it is ok ?

Moreover, I would like to confirm if awekas handle slightly different unit format.

I mean for instance, can it handle:
    - "°C" instead of "C" (same with °F)
    - "inHg" instead of "in" for barometer
    - wind "km/h" instead of "km/hr".
    - "mbar" instead of "hPa" for barometer

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry - I havn't seen your latest post.

You can find a interface description on AWEKAS - Interface description

Please use variation 4 for data file. But it's better to use the AWEKAS Push API V2. I can't post the description here. If you are the programmer of the WEEWX software please send a mail to mail (at) awekas.at. You will get a description and a API key for your software.

• Hello !
    I am not the weewx programmer, Thomas Keffer is the programmer.
    You may contact him on the google groups for weewx development here: https://groups.google.com/foru…#!forum/weewx-development

Thank you for the specification...I still have some questions : the spec you send is for weatherlink but I think awekas has some flexibilities with that.

For instance, If I look at the date format, the spec shows DD.MM.YYYY while the example link below give 04/24/13 :grinning_squinting_face:

Regarding pressure variation, the spec says " Change in air pressure in the last 6 hours – text version according to Weather Link specification" which looks to be a string like "Rising Rapidly".
    On the other hand, the wview templates give only '+' or '-'.

I am still fighting a little bit with weewx to output data as close as possible to the spec, but here are a few questions:

- Does pressure variation accepts '+' or '-' instead of weather link string (like wview template) ?
    - Can you accept 'mbar' as metric pressure unit instead of hpa ?
    - Can you accept km/h instead of km/hr for wind speed ?
    - Can you accept "inHg" instead of "in" for barometer ?
    - Does awekas handle empty field or "N/A" in case of missing sensor ?

If not, I will check how I can do, but not sure I can deal with it.

Best regards,

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello

Here my answers:

1.) datum format can be changed in the user settings.
    2.) tendency with +/- is currently not impemented - i woder why wview has other specification. But its not a big thing to implement it.
    there are 5 situations

• Rising Rapidly
    • Rising Slowly
    • Steady
    • Falling Slowly
    • Falling Rapidly

whants the wview sign for steady?

3.) mbar is the same value als hPa :winking_face: 1hPa = 1 mbar
    4.) If are some labels can't be set at your software - leave it blank (emty line) and set it instead of data file at the user settings.

5.) Missing sensor leave blank (empty line)

• Hi,

In the weewx user group you said "rain data shall show $day.rain.sum.raw instead of $current.rain.raw for awekas"
    But in the template here it is $current.rain.raw
    Which one is correct?

• In my case $day.rain.sum.raw is correct.

Additionally one can make use of rain rate at wich the template always reports 0.0
    The Interface description says: "21th Line) Rainrate (float) (unit at line 29)"
    Which corresponds to $current.rainRate.formatted at weewx which works for me.

A final question would be how to handle UV and radiation. My station doesn't have these sensors and the template above always reports 0.
    The interface description doesn't say how to report unknown or unavailable values.