AWEKAS - Timestamp on Instrument page into the future

• Hi AWEKAS Support and Community,

The timestamp at the top of the Instrument page for our station appears incorrect - its currently showing a time 8 hours in the future.

I thought it may have been because on my first upload of data I had provided UTC time, as it wasn't clear to me from the API document what I should be sending. I now think I should have sent local time. My best guess is that if the server had assumed my initial UTC was my Local, it would have put it eight hours ahead of CEST, hence the discrepency.

I'm now sending local time, and all the other pages which display time are showing correct. Its just the top of the Instruments page which is wrong. In-fact, the trend graphs at the bottom of the Instrument page have the correct time.

Is there any way I can correct it, or request it be corrected?

AWEKAS Automatisches Wetterkarten System

This raises another question - we are currently in AEST, but in a couple of months we will change to ADST (daylight savings) - Do i send what is Local (ADST) then, or keep sending AEST?

Thanks for the great service, its working well!

Kind Regards,

Lee

Lee Ryman
    IT & Comms Officer
    Marine Rescue NSW - Port Stephens Unit

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MRPS ()

• Hi Othmar,

Its set to Australia/Sydney, which is our timezone. This was at 06:29

Changing it to other timezones doesn't seem to affect either the "Data at" time or the "( = local time)" values. I've tried on Chrome and Firefox, cleared cookies.

Edit: Using the Data Push API v1.4, are we meant to send UTC or local?

Regards,

Lee

Lee Ryman
    IT & Comms Officer
    Marine Rescue NSW - Port Stephens Unit

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MRPS ()